When Preparing to Purchase a Home the First Step is getting your finances and credit in order. Mortgage Lenders Review you Credit History, Employment Status, Income and Debt to qualify you for a
Top 7 New Years Resolutions For Home Sellers
With the start of the New Year, thoughts naturally turn to change. If one of your New Year’sResolutions is to sell your home, then making the right resolutions can help you sell your homequickly and for the best possible return.
Top 7 New Year’s Resolutions for Home Sellers
1. Move Up Spring Cleaning – Time to do your spring cleaning now. Declutter,depersonalize and make the home look roomier.
2. Stage Your Home – Whether you hire someone or do it yourself, this is the time torearrange your furniture to make your rooms look bigger and brighter.
3. Think it Through – Before you spend money on renovations and upgrades, thinkcarefully and don’t overspend by guessing.
4. Take Care of Neglected Repairs – This is a great time to hire a handyman or break outthe Tool belt to take care of deferred maintenance and take care of minor repairs.
5. Interview Real Estate Agents – Hiring a real estate agent is critical to your success. Takethe time to interview a number of agents and choose the right one for your needs.
6. Check out the Competition – Go see homes listed for sale in your area and adjust yourtiming, staging and pricing based on the market.
7. Prepare Mentally – Selling a home can be stressful. Be prepared for low offers, pickybuyers, drop-by agents and odd terms. Prepare yourself now so you will take them instride when you’re on the market.
I purchased my first home as a single mother in my early 20's, so I know the fears, the anxiety and the financial responsibility that comes with such a large purchase. But I also know the pride, joy a....